I’m going to go ahead declare this the easiest recipe in the whole wide world. This ‘recipe’ will serve 2 people and it only takes 1 potato!
Here a few tricks though to ensure you get great crispy fries:
1. Cut the potato as thin as you can. Slightly thicker slices are good for soft fries though, so I like to vary my slices.
2. Use parchment paper when baking your fries, otherwise the brown sugar will stick to the pan and you won’t be able to flip the fries to ensure well-rounded crispness.
2. After your oven pre-heats to 450°, allow it stay at that temperature for about 10 minutes before putting the fries in.
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 sweet potato
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp paprika, or to taste
- Salt and pepper
Gather your slices into a bowl and toss with olive oil, brown sugar, paprika, salt and pepper. Lay them out on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 450° for 20 minutes. Remove pan from oven, flip fries and return to oven until desired crispiness is achieved. Only 5-10 minutes more for me.
Enjoy your fries with any dipping sauce you prefer. I preferred no such sauce for mine. They’re perfectly sweet, salty, and crispy as is. 🙂